Hey, I am Simon Gerlinger and I tell intimate stories through photography and mixed media.
Mainly I see myself in the field of Portrait and Documentary Photography.
In my photographic essays, I deal with the search for my own identity, the topic of growing up and home, love, and the social interaction of society. Through different visual approaches,
I challenge myself to find the right tone for each story.
Currently, I am based in Brussels and Cologne/Aachen, where I am available for assignments of any kind. You are interested in working with me? Feel free to contact me!
Selected Publications and clients:ZEIT (Magazin, Online, Campus, Verbrechen, Christ und Welt)
Ernst2 Architekten AG
- 2023- now MA Visual Arts (Photography) at University
of Fine Arts KASK, Gent Belgium
2022- 2023 MA Photographic Studies at the University of applied science and Art Dortmund
- 2017-2022 BA Photography at the University of applied science and Art Dortmiund
2020/2021 Participant of the International PHOTO Class at Danish School of Media and Journalism Aarhus.
Workshops & Grants
- 2022 Participent of the Hamburg Portfolio Reviews.
- 2021 DAAD International Stipendium
- 2019/2021 Canon Student developing Programm at Visa pour l’image
- 2023 “Nice Dry” - group show Hamburg
- 2022 “Dont dream it’s over” - group show at Künstlerhaus Dortmund
- 2020 ”Aarhus Portraits” - group exhibition at Dokk1,
- 2020 “Aus sicht” - group exhibition at Unser Fritz Heimat
- 2019 Guerillia Exhibition in Arles, France
- 2018 "Hat Heimat einen Plural?" group exhibition at Rekorder II,
- 2016 ”Youth"